Nowadays the social networking has an important impact in the society. If you ask for someone about Facebook, Hi 5 or Twitter for example maybe they would know about this websites and probably they already have their own profile. Social networking have a lot of flashy stuffs like the opportunity of socialization with your friends and meet knew people, know about the last gossip of everyone, put your personal information and photos, even you can put how is your mood in any moment or what you are doing in this moment. Also it has an easy access, you can use it by your mobile phone, and also is free!
I don´t know if the same things happens to you, but every single day I have messages in my email from Facebook and I have to log in my account to look at them just saying to me: Well it`s just for a moment and maybe is something important (and I really wanted to do my English homework in that moment) but later I spend hours and hours looking at anything like the others accounts, talking with friends, playing with the games, and I can`t avoid it!! It has become like a routine of my life.
Sometimes we are too busy to talk with somebody, so we just send a message or leave a comment in a friend`s account (maybe is her`s or hi`s birthday) to feel closer from that person.
Then I think that I spend more time chatting with my friends than seeing them face to face (of course now we can use other programs like skype that lets see the person with a camera, but that`s different!)…The social networking allows us to get closer with people but we have to analyze how we are getting closer to keep the real meaning of the human relationships.

Its true !! I spend hours and hours chatting with friends, posting and I dont realize that I lots of things to do, in fact at this moment I am doing the presentation and I am chatting.. I also agree what you mentioned about real relationships, human relationships because you can have contacts you have seen at highschool and when you see them you dont greet them...
ResponderEliminarHi Melissa!
ResponderEliminarNice comments. I think you did a good job of pointing out the drawbacks of modern social networks, but do you see any advantages to using them?
I'll look forward to your presentation tomorrow.
Felipe--nice comments!
See you both tomorrow,
Ryan
well i am a facebooker,and as a student is the best tool that i have to comunicate with my classmates ( when we have proyects or something we usually chat to know what we are going to do! ) and as a person/ teenager is AWESOME i spend HOURS in facebook, chatting with friends also with people that i havent already met( but not too much) there i practice my english too , chatting or speaking with native speakers... so i like your comment melissa .. good job!!! :)))
ResponderEliminar